By using this web site you consent to the following terms:
UPIQ.com collects personal information when you use our travel services. For example, when you register with UPIQ.com, we ask for your name and email address.
UPIQ.com automatically receives and records information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type, and the pages you request. This information does not necessarily enable us to personally identify you.
UPIQ.com does not require that you enter any personal information to search on UPIQ.com, nor when being transferred to third-party websites.
UPIQ.com uses your personal information for the following purposes:
• to verify your authorization to access certain features of the site,
• to fulfill your requests for products or services,
• to personalize and customize the content and relevant trip services that you are offered
• to contact you, e.g. if you have subscribed to a newsletter,
• to improve our services,
• to provide reporting.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
UPIQ.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or companies except (i) to provide products or services you have requested including, without limitation, products and services from third parties, (ii) when we have your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
• UPIQ.com may use third party vendors to assist us in providing our products or services and may transfer your personally identifiable information to such vendors who have entered into a contract with us that protects the confidentiality of your information and permits the vendor to use it only as necessary to fulfill its contract;
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
• When we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of UPIQ.com 's Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
UPIQ.com sets and accesses cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data that UPIQ.com's servers transfer to your browser and that only UPIQ.com's servers can read. When you visit the site, the cookie captures specific session data to streamline your experience and, if you select to save your member name and password, UPIQ.com will save this information in a cookie so that you will not be required to sign in each time you visit the site. You may disable or delete cookies from within your Internet browser application by accessing the security or privacy settings. However, UPIQ.com requires you to have cookies enabled to access certain portions of the site. UPIQ.com may allow other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their privacy policies, not this one. Other companies do not have access to UPIQ.com's cookies.
Links to Third Party Sites
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe have a legitimate need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. UPIQ.com employs procedural and technical measures reasonably designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected in a secure operating environment that is not accessible to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Community - Information Sharing among UPIQ.com Users
If you choose to include personally identifiable information in your comments, open text fields, or other areas of the web site intended for public viewing, other users will be able to view and use this information. We recommend against posting your email address and other personally identifiable information in this manner unless you are comfortable with the possibility of receiving unwanted contact.
When you save your trip in UPIQ.com's system, other users will be able to view your shared travel itinerary, unless you choose specifically not to share your travel plans (Private vs. Public trip). To ensure your privacy, UPIQ.com does not display your email address or contact information to users, unless you explicitly request us to do so. Please note that you
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
UPIQ.com may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the email address specified in your UPIQ.com account or by placing a notice on our site.
If you have questions, please contact us:
UPIQ Head Office
408 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Last updated 23th Mars 2010.